J.’s less tactful and unofficial title for this episode is a nod to Steven Pressfield: “Nobody Wants to Read Your Shit.” While protecting your intellectual property is wise, spending time trying to lock it down is foolish. You will discover how you should be protecting your creative work and more:
- A great book that can help you rethink your author career and build your own personalized definition of success
- What intellectual property is
- Why you probably don’t need to worry about it as much as you think you do
- What you should actually be concerned about concerning your intellectual property
- Some of the strategies the guys recommend for protecting your intellectual property + the importance of seeking proper legal advice if you have serious concerns
Plus, submit your ways and hacks to The Career Author Podcast in the comments section!
The Career Author Podcast is a podcast where co-authors J. Thorn and Zach Bohannon share their struggles and successes as full-time authors, advice for improving your writing craft, and honest discussions of what it takes to build a successful career as an author.
Thanks to all of our Patrons.
Podcast sponsored by Kobo Writing Life – https://writinglife.kobobooks.com
Get exclusive bonus content by supporting The Career Author Podcast on Patreon at www.patreon.com/thecareerauthor
Want to work with us? Get the details at https://thecareerauthor.com/services/
Writership – https://writership.com/
U.S. Copyright – https://www.copyright.gov/
2020 Events – https://thecareerauthor.com/events/
The June Giveaway is up now! – http://www.thecareerauthor.com
The Career Author – http://www.thecareerauthor.com
The Career Author YouTube Channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmIYVcr1UdWgSvYpb3Ol3xg
Story Levels – http://www.storylevels.com
Molten Universe Media – http://www.moltenuniversemedia.com
Events – https://thecareerauthor.com/events/