This will be cross posted in several places. I have been in pre-production, working on a new online show debuting this spring. In a few weeks, I’ll do a more official announcement. For now, I’m starting to curate and collect content. I can’t WAIT to share this new show with all of you…
Author, musician and Heavy Planet contributor, J. Thorn, seeks bands to be featured in a new online program. Dark Arts Theater launches in the spring of this year, promoting horror and dark fantasy books, movies, shows and music. Thorn has sold over 130,000 novels since 2011 and he expects to reach a similar audience with this show.
The program will be free to watch (YouTube) or listen (iTunes) with a new episode monthly. Submissions for season one of Dark Arts Theater are now open. Please read ALL of the requirements below before submitting:
- Fill out the submission form located here: http://bit.ly/dabands
- Submit three different songs. Songs must be in the .wav format (NO mp3 files) and submitted via a link to a DropBox folder or Google Drive folder. Attachments sent via email will be deleted.
- Digitally sign the copyright permissions form (via free service, Docracy.org) which gives Dark Arts Theater the permission to play your music on the show. Bands MUST be the copyright holder/owner of the intellectual property submitted. Any copyright disputes over submitted material are SOLEY the responsibility of the band so do NOT submit if you do not own the rights to the song. For that reason, only original music will be considered (no covers).
- To be featured on the first season of Dark Arts Theater, bands must submit prior to March 1st, 2015. Submissions will not be accepted after the deadline, no exceptions. There will be 12 shows in the first season and one band featured each show so submission is NOT a guarantee your band will be featured. Bands chosen will be contacted prior to air date. Submissions accepted on a rolling basis so early submissions stand the best chance at acceptance.
- Try to pick three different types of songs to submit, varying in style or tempo, if possible. Preference will be given to bands whose music can be used in different segments of the show.
- Tracks should be professionally recorded, mixed and mastered. Dark Arts Theater strongly discourages live recordings and practice recordings.
- Dark Arts Theater will use approximately 1:00 minute of each track submitted (3:00 minutes total). You may crop your song to the one minute section you’d like to feature or Dark Arts Theater will make the decision if a full song is submitted. The goal is to provide the audience a sample of your music and then direct them to your website.
*Dark Arts Theater is NOT associated with HeavyPlanet. Being featured on one does NOT guarantee a feature on the other.
One last thing. This week’s giveaway is Sole Survivor by Dean Koontz, a 1997 first edition hardcover. Free to enter with no strings attached.